AFTER HOURS CARE
· Proceed to the nearest Emergency Room or call 911 if you or a family member requires immediate medical attention.
· Need professional medical advice after hours? Call TRICARE’s Nurse Advice Line for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273), Option 1.
· TRICARE beneficiaries now have toll-free access 24 hours a day, every day to a team of professional registered nurses who will answer questions and help with decisions regarding self-care at home or when it is best to see a healthcare provider.
· Your TRICARE Benefit allows for two visits within a fiscal year to an urgent care facility without a referral or prior authorization. However, we strongly encourage you to call the TRICARE Nurse Advice Line prior to seeking care to address health needs and to reduce the potential for after-care and billing discrepancies.
· We also encourage you to contact your clinic Primary Care Manager (PCM) within 24 hours or the next business day after receiving emergency care/urgent care to coordinate any follow-up care.
· Failure to seek a referral or prior authorization after two urgent care visits in a fiscal year may result in after-care and billing discrepancies.
For additional information on TRICARE Nurse Advice Line, go to http://www.TRICARE.mil/NAL.
For additional information on TRICARE Urgent Care, go to http://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/IsItCovered/UrgentCare.