Eat your way to a Healthy Heart!
- Limit unhealthy fats and cholesterol. Decrease the amount of saturated and trans fat you eat.
- Choose low fat protein sources. Eat lean meat, poultry, fish, low fat dairy products, and egg
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Fruits and Veggies are a great source of vitamins and minerals.
- Select whole grains. Whole grains are a good source of fiber and other nutrients.
Reduce the salt in your food. The American Heart Association recommends that adults eat less than 2 grams of salt daily.
- Practice moderation. Remember serving sizes matter.
- Plan ahead. Create daily menus that include the six tips above.
© 2008 - 2017 US Naval Hospital, Naples Italy