NEPMU-2's Entomology Department helps the Navy and Marine Corps maintain readiness by preventing the spread of diseases through management of disease vectors.
NEPMU-2's Entomologists are first and foremost committed to serving the Fleet. We are here to assist you with any pest management issues you may encounter. We provide technical expertise to operational and ashore commands within the Unit's area of responsibility.
Contact NEPMU-2 Vector Control Department
- Uniform treatment with arthropod repellent
- Pre-deployment disease guidance
- Onsite assistance with your pest management program, including assistance with disease vector management (bed bugs, cockroaches, mosquitoes, rodents, and pesticide application support)
- Onsite identification of arthropods and other medically important animals
- Onsite integrated pest management program reviews in conjunction with Navy Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
- Vector surveillance program assistance
This instruction applies to all DoD Installations where pest control operations are conducted.
This instruction applies to all ships, stations and deployed units of the Navy and Marine Corps where pest control operations are conducted.
This instruction is intended to prevent the introduction and dissemination of diseases affecting humans, plants or animals.
This instruction covers the training, certification and recertification of medical personnel assigned responsibility for surveillance and control of disease vectors and pests of medical importance, and shipboard pest control.
NEPMU-2 Treatment of Military Field Uniforms with Permethrin Arthropod Repellent by DoD Certified Pesticide Applicators Standard Operating Procedure
COUNTRY-SPECIFIC INFORMATION ON INSECT-BORNE DISEASE