||Civilian Personnel Liaison Office
Click Here to View Contract Positions
Calling from off-base: Dial the operator number - 098-911-5111 and then the number listed above.
||1st Floor, Room A125E|
Employment Opportunities | Applying for Employment
The Civilian Personnel Liaison Officer manages the civilian human resources program at USNH Okinawa in conjunction with the Navy Human Resources Office (HRO) located at Bldg 3596, Kadena AB, Okinawa. The Civilian Liaison Officer:
- Coordinates, prepares, and submits personnel action requests to recruit, promote, and reassign civilian employees.
- Provides guidance to managers, supervisors, and civilian employees regarding the resolution of civilian personnel issues.
MISSION: To directly support the mission of USNH Okinawa by intervening on behalf of its managers, supervisors, and employees, to resolve civilian personnel issues thereby allowing the staff to focus on its primary mission.
- To provide fair, equal, and courteous service to all of its customers all of the time. The office is committed to providing superb customer service to all customers.
- Process actions and resolve issues in an accurate and timely manner.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Under the National Security Personnel System, jobs at USNH Okinawa range in grade from Pay Band 1 to Pay Band 2. Job vacancies are most frequently available in the department of Nursing, and Clerical positions. The following is a list of potential employment opportunities at USNH Okinawa. Note that this list only contains job titles. It is not a list of current vacancies but rather information for our website visitors to see the kinds/types of jobs the hospital employs. For current vacancies, see the links at the top of this page.
- Accounting Technician
- Blood Donor Recruiter
- Budget Analyst
- Clinical Nurse
- Community Health Nurse
- Computer Assistant
- Diagnostic Radiological Technician,
- Early Childhood Education Specialist
- Engineering Technician
- Facility Management Specialist
- General Engineer
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Technician
- Health System Specialist
- Industrial Hygienist
- Information Technology Specialist
- Intervention Support Assistant
- Mail Clerk
- Management Analyst
- Management and Program Assistant
- Medical Support Assistant
- Medical Records Tech
- Medical Technologist
- Nurse Practitioner - General Info
- Nurse Specialist - General Info
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Scientist
- Physical Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Practical Nurse - General Info
- Psychology Technician
- PT/OT Support Assistant
- Public Affairs Officer
- Public Affairs Specalist
- Purchasing Agent
- Risk Management Assistant
- Safety Clerk
- Safety Occupational Health Manager
- Social Worker
- Speech Pathologist
- Supply Clerk
- Supply Technician
: All applications for employment at USNH Okinawa must be submitted directly to the Navy Human Resources Office (HRO) at Kadena AB, Bldg. #3596. Additional information regarding civilian employment may be obtained by calling Navy HRO at DSN 315-634-6714 or commercial 01181-611-734-6714. For current job announcements for Okinawa visit:
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT
NOTE: some personally-owned computers may not be able to access these sites due
to Navy security requirements. If you cannot view these pages, call the Navy HRO at
DSN 315-634-6714 (calling from off-base: Dial the operator number - 098-911-5111
and then 643-6714) or commercial 01181-611-734-6714.
Please review the following information carefully:
- All applicants must be United States citizens.
- All applicants must have a current DoD identification card and/or a valid passport.
- Applicants may submit resume.
- Applicants are advised to bring official diplomas, three (3) official college transcripts (sealed and unopened), certificates of training, valid state professional license (if applicable) and any pertinent documentation to validate education, training, or experience.
- Non-SOFA applicants may apply, however, SOFA status applicants will receive priority for referrals. · Applicants on leave without pay (LWOP) must include a copy of an SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing the effective and expiration dates of the LWOP.
- Spouses of active duty military member and DOD civilians may file applications for employment with our local Human Resources Office 30 days before their anticipated arrival on Okinawa. However, spouses may not receive spousal preference until actually arriving on Okinawa. Applications may be mailed to: U.S. NAVY HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE, ATTN CHIEF HRO, PSC 480 BOX 3000, FPO AP 96370. Applications must include a vacancy announcement number which is found on the vacancy announcement. Current vacancy announcements may be found at the link below:
Current Job Announcements for USNH Okinawa