Health Promotion and Wellness
Enhance the initiative of sustaining a constantly fit and ready force by providing Health Promotion program assistance to operational forces.
Support operational forces in starting, maintaining and/or improving a Health Promotion Program within commands located in the NEPMU-FIVE area of responsibility.
- Health Promotion Event Requests
- Health Risk Appraisals (HRA) Program
- Annual Health Promotion Award Assistance
- Key Leadership Health Promotion Presentations
- Health Promotion Newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Navy Surgeon General’s Health Promotion and Wellness Award?
A: Also known as the “Blue H” award – an annual award for excellence in health, wellness and fitness activities and policies in Navy workplaces. All Navy commands are eligible to submit a request for the award. The Health Promotion and Wellness Award are divided into three categories: FLEET, MEDICAL and SEMPER FIT centers.
- Q: Force Commander Annual Health Promotion Unit Award?
A: Also known as the “Green H” award – An annual award from the Naval Surface Force Commander to enhance battle readiness by promoting the health, fitness, and mental well-being of active duty Sailors assigned to the Naval Surface Force (SURFOR). All SURFOR units are eligible for the award. Qualifying period will be from 01 January to 31 December of each calendar year.
- Q: Navy & Marine Corps Public Health Center Healthy Living toolbox?
A: Resources available from the NMCPHC webpage which are designed to support programs and services that promotes a healthy lifestyle, enhances the early diagnosis of chronic disease and prevention of non-battle related injuries, thus reducing the rising cost of medical care associated with chronic disease and lost manpower due to injuries.