Provides oversight and support to outlying command, curriculum approval
authority for "A" and "C" schools and formalized training at our Learning
Centers at Navy Medicine Professional Development Center (NMPDC), Medical
Education and Training Campus (METC), Navy Medicine Operational Training
Center (NMOTC), and Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center (NMCPHC).
Responsible for the Instructional technology policy, which includes: web, media,
multiple platforms, blended-delivery, and assessments. NEOCs technical advisor
for Hospital Corpsman.
- Establish policy and standards for curriculum design and documentation in training conducted for Navy Medicine and ensure compliance by the outlying commands.
- Coordinate the curriculum review processes to ensure validation of content and requirements, and standardization throughout Instructional System Design procedures.
- Provide quidance and coordination to ensure compliance with Quality Assurance standards and policies for school programs academic and administrative matters.
- Serve as senior educational consultant for instructional systems in the Navy Medical Department.
- Utilize instructional systems specialists for leadership/professional guidance to individuals and organizations engaged in the delivery of training throughout BUMED and its Branch Training Campuses.
- Establish standards for curriculum design and documentation in training comducted for Navy Medicine and ensure compliance.
- Provide oversight of and liaison to all BUMED commands with regard to the Masters Training Plan.
- Support faculty in the areas of curriculum design, management, assessment and accreditation.
- Provide SME to serve on the test writing board for all Enlisted advancement exams.
- Manage instructional design of resident and distance learning programs within the Command, ensuring adherence to a systematic model for development.
Assist in development of scientifically valid instruments to include need analyses, faculty performance assessment, internal evaluations, and external evaluations.
- Plan and evaluate faculty/facilitator development and monitor quality in the delivery and implementation of NMETLC programs.
- Collaborate via BUMED M7 with BUMED M1, Corps Chief Offices, Enlisted Technical Leaders (ETL's), Specialty Leaders (SL's), NPDC, CNRC and the Joint METC on manpower and personnel issues for the officer and enlisted communities.
- Liaison with career managers, subject matter experts and with managers of learning centers of other rates and ratings.
- Ensure training pipeline integration of the knowledge, skills, and abilities that the fleet requires for mission accomplishment, professional development, education, certifications and qualification.
- Communicate with BUMED, ETL's, SL's, NPDC, Corps Chief Offices, Staff Education and Training departments, and the Navy Annex to research and facilitate competency development for all Medical ratings, NOBC's amd series.
- Facilitate SMEs in review of requirements, job task analysis data and curriculum.
- Develop Rate Training Manual (s) (RTM) and BMR, (Chapter 14) on a cyclical basis reflective of the most current Occupational Standards providing a ready resource for advancement test questions development and study guide. Publish the RTM to achieve 100% contact to all affected personnel regardless of platform or location.