- Exercising authorities and duties delegated by Commander, NMETLC.
- Acting as Commander, NMETLC in the absence of incumbent for all matters not restricted by law.
- Advising the Commander, NMETLC on all aspects of delivering education and training services to Navy Medicine.
- Providing liaison with government offices, civilian agencies, field commands and BUMED activities.
- Providing leadership, management and staff coordination for NMETLC headquarters operations.
- Ensuring effective coordination within NMETLC departments and special assistants.
- Supervising administrative functions of special assistants.