Dept 35 NAMI Academics
Specific functions of the Naval Aerospace Medicine Institute Academics Department include:
- Conducting Medical Service Corps training courses leading to the designation of:
- Conducting Medical Corps training courses leading to the designation of Flight Surgeon (NOBC 0110).
- Conducting the Flight Surgery training course for international students.
- Conducting Aviation Medicine Clinical Clerkships for Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship medical students and medical officers.
- Conducting enlisted aviation operational medicine "C" schools leading to the designation in the Naval Enlisted Codes (NEC) of Aerospace Medical Technician (NEC 8406).
- Conducting various postgraduate training courses and aviation clinical training as deemed necessary by higher authority.