AERO: Aeromedical Electronic Resource Office
The Aeromedical Electronic Resource Office (AERO) is a web-based DOD system used jointly by the U.S. Army, Coast Guard, and Navy. Linkage with the Air Force AIMWTS electronic waiver system is being investigated. AERO is implemented as the expected method for aeromedical submissions to NAMI. Historical waiver information and electronic physical exam (EPE) data are ONLY accessible through AERO. Access to AERO requires a functional CAC Card. If you have not yet established your AERO account, then please do so by following the instructions below:
- In order to request access to AERO, please click here.
- Fill out all information. After the User information screen, you'll be prompted three times to upload documents: HIPAA, OPNAV 5239/14 and AERO Request Form. Please upload them at this time. They have to be in 3 separate pdf files. An e-mail will be sent once your account has been approved.
- You may access the AERO Tutorial, AMS Tutorial, Navy Physical Classes, and How to Check Facility Submissions here.
- You may access the AERO login screen by clicking here.
- Please review the BUMED message regarding AERO utilization.
GREAT NEWS! AKO is no longer required for AERO use. If you still need access, you'll need to find an Army sponsor. Fort Rucker is no longer providing that service.
All flight physicals (designated or candidate) which require BUMED endorsement through NAMI, should be submitted via AERO. Packages received through mail, facsimile or e-mailed scans will be returned to the examining facility without action unless accompanied by a letter explaining why submission via AERO was not utilized. If using an e-mail, please ensure the e-mail is encrypted. If a physical needs to be sent through the mail, the physical must be sent via certified mail (FEDEX, USPS) and mailed to: Officer in Charge, Navy Medicine Operational Training Center Detachment, Naval Aerospace Medical Institute, 340 Hulse Road, Attn: Code 53HN, Pensacola, FL 32508. When mailing, please follow-up with an e-mail.
You can send an encrypted e-mail of scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Whenever possible, the file type .pdf should be used. If necessary, .tif or .jpg can also be sent. E-MAIL SHOULD ONLY BE USED WHEN ON A SHIP AND INTERNET PROBLEMS DUE TO DEPLOYMENT.
AERO includes a HIPAA-complaint secure internal messaging system that is recommended as the preferred way to communicate with NAMI. It can be accessed from the Messaging option in your Tools menu on the Patient Search screen. Alternatively, from a Patient Home or Data Entry/Encounter Home screen, look for the menu option Msg Re: Patient or Msg Re: Encounter. Clicking these will open a new message with the patient or encounter information automatically referenced. Simply address, add your message text, and send. The following are key points of contact:
- For AERO account/access issues, updated HIPAA training certificates, notification that you have uploaded additional info, and general help desk: ERIC MCNEISH.
- For AERO process/functionality questions/errors: CANAAN CLAYTON D or ORLOWITZ TIMOTHY G.
- For AERO requests for encounter modifications after submission: CANAAN CLAYTON D or ORLOWITZ TIMOTHY G.
- For AERO requests to expedite a package: ORLOWITZ TIMOTHY G. and RODRIGUEZ ALEXANDER A.
AERO will greatly improve our ability to provide better service to you and the fleet!Questions and feedback are welcome.
For AERO access issues please contact email@example.com.
For AERO process questions and feedback please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
AN AERO ACCOUNT IS FOR MEDICAL USE ONLY. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT YOUR WAIVER, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT CORPSMAN OR FLIGHT SURGEON AT THE CLINIC THAT YOU USE.