Welcome to the Code 22 website! We appreciate your interest, and plan to pass along the latest information concerning our department. The department provides ear, nose and throat consultative services to the Navy Medicine Operational Training Center.
The mission of the NMOTC Otorhinolaryngology Department is to:
- Provide specialty consultation to aviation, special duty, and operational military personnel referred for diagnosis, medical management, and disposition of otolaryngologic conditions
- To train naval aviation medicine personnel.
The Otorhinolaryngology Department
- Provides consultation in otorhinolaryngology for Navy and Marine aviation personnel worldwide.
- Instructs Student Flight Surgeons, Aerospace Medicine Residents, medical students and Aerospace Medicine Technicians in otorhinolaryngology, especially as it involves the aviation environment.
- Provides consultation to Special Boards of Flight Surgeons, mishap investigations, and human factors boards.
- Maintains liaison with the Army, Air Force, FAA, NASA, NATO, and other agencies concerning aeromedical issues.
- Provides neurology and internal medicine consultative support in the evaluation and treatment of decompression sickness and arterial gas embolism.
- Collaborates with the Residents in Aerospace Medicine performing research.
- Assists with the development of physical standards of aviation personnel.
Email - usn.pensacola.navmedotcnamefl.list.NAMIemail@example.com
Department Head - DSN 459-3256, comm. 850-452-3256
LPO - DSN 459-3251, comm. 850-452-3251.