Special Operations Combat Medical Sergeants Sustainment Course
Course Data Page
- COURSE: Navy graduates of the SOCM and SOIDC course are required to maintain their skill sets, certifications in BLS, ACLS, ATP, and clinical skill sets. Special Operations Combat Medical Sergeants Sustainment Course (SOFMSSC) is a two-week course provided which accommodates all recertification training. The Navy SOCM and SOIDC is required to attend this two-week training bi-annually.
- COURSE LENGTH: 2 weeks
- LOCATION TAUGHT:
||Fort Bragg, North Carolina
||Special Operations Forces Medical Sergeants Sustainment Course
- PERSONNEL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be physically qualified for transfer in accordance with Article 15-30 of the Manual of the Medical Department (MANMED) and Chapter 7.01 of the Enlisted Transfer Manual (TRANSMAN). Members requiring medical attention shall not be transferred to this school.
- PREREQUISITE TRAINING: Students Must:
- Have graduated from course: 300-F8 (Special Operations Combat Medic)
- Have graduated from course: 011-F68 (Special Operations Independent Duty Corpsman)
- PERSONNEL AND RATINGS ELIGIBLE: A SOF volunteer enlisted service member with a primary duty specialty of Special Operations Combat Medic, Navy SEAL & RECON Special Operations Combat Medic (NEC 8492/8427), Navy SEAL and RECON Special Operations Independent Duty Corpsman (SOIDC) (NEC 8491/8403), or an enlisted or officer instructor in the SOCM or SOIDC course and be assigned to one of the following: USSOCOM, JSOC, USASOC, NAVSPECWARCOM, AFSOC, or any of their subordinate units or agencies. Service members must be a graduate of one of the following: the SOCM (300-F8) Course or SOIDC Course. Service members will attend the course once every 2 years to receive Special Operations combat medical refresher training.
- NEC EARNED: None
- RELATED AND/OR FOLLOW-ON TRAINING: None
Week One: Week one covers refresher training for PALS, ACLS, BLS, TCCC, and some "hands on" emergency training.
Week Two: Covers Basic Trauma Skills, PHTLS Review, WMD, Environmental emergencies, Field Training Exercise, and General Medicine.
Any questions contact MSG McNEal/TSgt Halcome @ DSN: 236-8202/COM 910-396-8202
*indicates (Reports on Monday, not Sunday)
SPECIAL OPERATIONS PARAMEDIC MEDICAL SKILLS SUSTAINMENT COURSE FY-09 2E-F223/300-F22 (CT)