Surface Warfare Medical Department Officer Indoctrination Course
The Surface Warfare Medical Department Indoctrination Course (SWMDOIC) is designed
to give Nurse Corps, Medical Service Corps, and Medical Corps Officers and orientation
to the fleet. It covers the mission of the Navy, medical assets of surface vessels, and
overview of administrative requirements including inspections, supply, maintenance, records, and
correspondence. There is an introduction to preventive and occupational health programs
of a ship, medical regulating and patient evacuation. This course fills the training
prerequisite for the Surface Warfare Medical Department Officer Qualification.
The course is open to active duty medical, nurse, and medical service corps officers.
Location: The course is offered in San Diego, CA and Portsmouth, VA in December
Seats: 17 Active Duty and 3 Reserve
- Active Duty:
SWMI Fleet Training Officer.
- Provide command address, candidates rank, full name, designator, DoD ID Number, PRD, work and home
phone numbers, and e-mail address.
SWMDOIC East Portsmouth/Norfolk, VA & West San Diego, CA
Click to close.
SWMDOIC Welcome Aboard:
CME: Attending SWMDOIC will entitle you to Continuing Medical Education(CME) credit
- The Navy Medicine Professional Development Center(NMPDC) is accredited by the Accreditation
Council for Continuing Medical Education(ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for
- NMPDC designates this educational activity for Category 1 credit toward the American Medical
Association Physician's Recognition Award (AMAPRA).
- NMPDC takes responsibility for the content, quality, and scientific integrity of this CME
- NMPDC certifies non-physicians that participate in this educational activity.