Q1. Who is eligible for NMPDC funding?
A1. NMPDC funds all Active Duty Navy medical officers' Specialty Board Certification examinations (Initial certification and re-certifications). Medical Corps Board Certification examiniations are funded only for boards listed by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ADMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA). NMPDC funds an annual CME (Continuing Medical Education) meeting for all Active Duty Navy medical officers assigned at Non-BSO 18 commands only. If you are unsure as to whether your duty station is considered Non-BSO 18, consult with your Personnel Support Detachment (PSD) or you may call the Medical Corps Officer Board/CME Funding Coordinator at 301-295-0649 or DSN: 295-0649 or email NMPDC.CME@med.navy.mil.
Q2. What instructions govern our funding of Medical Corps CME and Medical Corps Specialty Board Funding?
A2. CME BUMEDINST 5050.6 Chapter 2.
Q3. Where can I obtain the request form for CME/MC Board funding?
A3. The instructions for CME/MC Board funding contain sample request forms listed as enclosures within the instructions; a sample form is also available on this website under the "CME Instruction and CME Forms" tab.
Q4. What documents do I need to submit with my application for funding?
A4. For CME funding, you must submit the following:
- Request for funding application (sample available from NMPDC CME website)
- Commanding Officer's endorsement letter (serialized). The Commanding Officer's endorsement must address the fact that your command is unable to support funding of your CME request from your command during the fiscal year of the the event.
- Copy of the brochure for the CME course (with date of event, fee, number of awarded CME credits, and the website URL).
- Direct Cite Request Form
For Medical Officers Specialty Board Funding, you must submit the following:
- Request for funding application (sample available from the NMPDC CME website)
- Commanding Officer's endsorsement letter (serialized).
- Receipt from the sponsoring agency.