Operational / Management Specialty Courses Nomination, Selection, and Notification Process
- Unless otherwise noted on this site, BUMED Code M10-6 manages quota control for courses for the Naval Reserve personnel assigned to medical unit
- Nominations must be submitted 30 days before the specified due date. Nominations received after deadline submission date will not be considered.
- Endorsement of nomination by DET OIC/Unit CO and HQT Training Officer must be received with nomination to be considered.
- Applicants MUST, at a minimum, meet physical readiness requirements per OPNAVINST 6110.1 (series) to attend field training courses. Pregnant/lactating mothers will not be accepted for field training courses.
- Contact Command Training Officers directly to submit application/nomination to NMPDC courses.
- SELRES Request for Training Form.docx
- The justification assists Program Managers and Reserve RAOs in selection list and alternate list development.
- Include present and/or future positions and how nominee will utilize requested training.
- Stating that the “course is needed for promotion” is not an acceptable justification.
- This is not to be a listing of the nominee’s accomplishments.
- It is rather a statement of how the training will be an asset to the nominee and to the command
- Members will receive verification of nomination submission via the Web.
- NMPDC Reserve Liaison must be notified of student cancellation not later than two weeks prior to the convening date for the course. NMPDC Reserve Liaison notifies the Commanding Office and Training Officer of selected students who fail to show for scheduled training.
- Reservists will need to make arrangements for their own lodging. The Navy Lodge is located on the NNMC compound and is a 15-minute walk to the course locations. Reservations can be made at (301) 654-1795. If members cannot obtain berthing at this location, please contact the Reserve Liaison for alternate location.
- A Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA) must be obtained from the Navy Lodge prior to reporting for class if lodging location is not at the Navy Lodge.