If you are retired military and eligible for other medical services, you are authorized to receive the following
quantities of Standard Issue spectacles per year (S91A/Half Eyes/5A Frame):
Half Eye Frame
Standard Issue Eyewear Choices and Sizes (Click on Link)
- 1 clear pair of Bifocals/Trifocals (Multi-focals)
- 1 tinted pair of Bifocals/Trifocals if prescribed by your Optometrist/Ophthalmologist
If you choose not to request Bifocals/Trifocals, you can receive:
If you are less than 50 miles from a military health clinic with optometry services, you should take
your prescription for spectacles to them so that they may measure you for proper fit.
They will order your spectacles from the appropriate facility.
If you are more that 50 miles from a military health clinic with optometry services,
you may follow these instructions to order your glasses.
- Open the form DD771 found at our web site, and save it to your computer.
[this form is created to save the information you type into it]
- Please fill out the top section with your “name, “retiree”, and "last 4”,
along with your shipping and contact information.
About halfway down the form, please indicate which standard issue frame you desire.
Make sure to save the form with the information you added.
- Print the partially completed form, and take this with you to your eye exam.
Ensure that the examining facility writes the prescription, and includes your pupillary distance (PD) on the form.
- If your examining facility needs eyesize, bridge or temple information, they may find this on our web site
- If you currently have Standard Issue frames please provide the frame size and temple length.
(found inside the frame)
- There must be a DD771 for each request for eyewear.
- Send the following information to NOSTRA:
- One copy of the completed DD771 form,
- Your mailing address and a daytime phone number and email address if available
- Orders are subject to DEERS eligibility check
- You may submit your order for eyewear by email, fax or standard mail.
- Email your order to: NOSTRA-CustomerService@med.navy.mil
- Fax your order to: 757-887-4647.
Make sure you write: “Retiree Order” on the fax.
Please call NOSTRA Customer Service at
757-887-7600 Option 1 if you have any additional questions.
- Standard Mail to:
160 Main Road
Yorktown, VA 23691-9984
You may also call NOSTRA Customer Service Department if you have any problems or questions.
You may email us at: NOSTRA-CustomerService@med.navy.mil
Our Customer Service hours are M-F, regular business days, from 0630 to 1600, Eastern Time.
"Printer Friendly" version of this information