How To Order Retiree
If you are retired military and are eligible for other medical services, you are authorized to receive the following quantities of standard issue spectacles per year (5A, 5AM or half eye frame):
If you choose not to request Bifocals/Trifocals, you can receive:
Retired military personnel, regardless of rank, who require vision correction, are authorized one pair of standard issue spectacles or one pair of half-eye spectacles. Two pairs of spectacles may be issued when professionally determined to be essential by the examining provider.
If you are less than 50 miles from a military medical clinic with optometry services, you should take your prescription for spectacles to them so that they may measure you for proper fit. They will order your spectacles from the appropriate military ophthalmic laboratory.
If you are more than 50 miles from a military medical clinic with optometry services, you should follow these instructions to order your glasses:
· Open the DD-771 form found on the standard issue frame ordering section of our web site (this form is created so you can save the information that you type into it).
· Fill out the top section with your “name, “retiree”, and "last 4 of your SSN” along with your shipping and contact information. Fill out all sections highlighted in yellow and make sure to save the form with the information you added.
· Print the partially completed form, and take this with you to your eye exam.
· Ensure that the examining facility writes your prescription on the form and includes your pupillary distance (PD).
· If your examining facility needs eyesize, bridge or temple information, they may find this information on our web site.
· If you currently have standard issue frames please provide the frame size and temple length. (found inside the frame)
· There must be a DD-771 form for each request for eyewear.
· Send the following information to NOSTRA:
· One copy of the completed DD771 form (orders are subject to a DEERS eligibility check)
· Your mailing address, daytime phone number and email address if available
· You may submit your order for eyewear by email, fax or standard mail.
· Fax your order to: 757-887-4647.
Make sure you write: “Retiree Order” on the fax.
Please call NOSTRA Customer Service at (757) 887-7600 option 1 if you have any additional questions.
· Standard Mail to:
160 Main Road
Yorktown, VA 23691-9984
Our Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday from 0630 to 1530, eastern time.