Federal Holidays Affecting Pharmacy Hours (NHP Outpatient Pharmacy and NEX Refill Center)
Closed New Year's Day January 1
Closed Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Closed Washington's Birthday
Closed Memorial Day
Closed Independence Day July 4
Closed Labor Day
Closed Columbus Day
Closed Veterans Day
Closed Thanksgiving Day
Closed Christmas Day December 25
Automated Refill Information
In order to serve you better, the Naval Hospital Pharmacy utilizes an Automated Telephone System called AudioCare. It is very convenient and easy to use. The system has the capability to process refills for the Naval Hospital, Whiting Field, NAS Meridian and Millington. Refills may be requested 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Follow these simple steps to quickly and easily refill your prescriptions over the telephone:
1. Dial the AudioCare system phone number (850) 505-6459 or the toll free number (888) 513-4164.
a) Enter (1) to request a refill. Proceed to number 2.
b) Enter (2) to request information on your medication such as missed dose, side effects, and complications.
c) Enter (3) to request information and instruction on using the Drug Information and Prescription Refill System.
d) Enter (4) to request information on the Naval Hospital Pharmacy including hours of operation.
e) Enter (5) to request information on Whiting Field Pharmacy including hours of operation.
f) Enter (6) to request information on NAS Meridian Pharmacy including hours of operation.
g) Enter (9) to speak with a hospital pharmacy representative about other questions.
2. Enter the last 4 numbers of your sponsor’s social security number (SSN) followed by the pound (#) key.
3. Enter the 7 digit prescription number only followed by the pound (#) key.
4. Choose the pharmacy in which you want the medication to be picked up
a) Press (1) for Naval Hospital Pharmacy.
b) Press (2) for Whiting Field Pharmacy.
c) Press (3) for NAS Meridian Pharmacy.
d) Press (4) for Millington Pharmacy.
e) Press (5) for Mobile Coast Guard Pharmacy (Must have had original prescription filled at this pharmacy).
5. If you have more than one prescription, enter the numbers only followed by the pound (#) key sign and hang up when you are finished.
6. AudioCare system will tell you when your prescription (s) will be ready for pick up or if there are any problems with processing your refill (s).
Examples of problems include:
a) Your prescription is expired.
b) Your prescription is discontinued.
c) There are no refills left.
d) It is too soon to call in your refills.
NOTE: For problems a through c, you should contact your physician to obtain a new prescription.