Sign In

Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE)

TLE is an allowance to help partially offset lodging and meal expenses when a member and/or dependents need to occupy temporary lodging during your PCS move in CONUS. TLE is based on the per diem rate and are allowed a ten-day maximum. TLE is not paid in advance, but is paid after filing a completed claim with receipts and endorsements. TLE is authorized for all command sponsored military personnel arriving on Permanent Change of Station orders pending availability of government housing, or pending completion of permanent living arrangements. TLE is reimbursed at the government rate unless there is no availability. You must elect to occupy the Navy Lodge or the Navy Gateway Inn first, and if there is no availability you must get a letter stating that. Once you have that letter, you will be authorized to occupy lodging out in town.

Dislocation Allowance (DLA)

The purpose of DLA is to partially reimburse a member, with or without dependents, for the expenses incurred in relocating the member's household on a PCS, housing moves ordered for the government's convenience, or incident to an evacuation. This allowance is in addition to all other allowances authorized in the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) and may be paid in advance. Occupying Government quarters removes your eligibility for this allowance.

Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)

BAH is based on geographic duty location, pay grade, and dependency status. The intent of BAH is to provide service members with permanent duty within the 50 states accurate and equitable housing compensation based on housing costs in local housing markets, and is payable when government quarters are not provided. Single E-6 and below must request BAH once they arrive at NHP. Single E-4 and below are approved at the discretion of the BEQ Manager, NAS Pensacola based on special circumstances and the occupancy level of the Barracks.

NHP on Facebook
+ A -