Sign In

Driver's License and POV Registration

Pass and ID: The NHP Security Department is located on the first floor near the Quarterdeck. You may register your vehicle during normal working hours Monday through Friday. You must present vehicle registration, proof of insurance, valid driver’s license and current ID card to register your vehicle on base. For motorcycle owners, you will also need to present a valid driver’s license with a motorcycle endorsement and Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Rider Course Cards.

Temporary passes are also issued under limited circumstances and after hours by officers at the Main and West Gates. Personnel must still present all required information to receive a temporary pass.

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 0730-1545 

Vehicle Base Registration

DoD military personnel, family members, civilian employees, contractors, and retirees can renew expiring DoD vehicle decals online. This new secure online renewal system is simple to use, can be used from any location, and is a real time saver. Not only can you renew an expiring decal, but you can also update personal information, such as address or vehicle license plate number, or request a replacement locator strip.

The steps to renewing online are simple. Click here to access the Vehicle Decal Renewal Request Form. Select "Before You Begin" to get a list of the documents you will need. Once you have the required information, it takes just a couple of minutes to fill out the form. If you have any questions while filling out the form, just select the provided help file. After you have submitted your form, your application will be processed, and your new decal, date tabs, and/or locator strip will be mailed to you at the address you provide on the form.

To know whether you are eligible to renew online, go to the link listed above, and select "Who Can Renew Online?" If the base where you received your existing decal is listed, why not save yourself a trip to the Pass and ID Office? 



Driver’s license and vehicle registration laws and procedures vary from state to state. Check with the Department of Motor Vehicles in the state you are licensed from for more information.

If you are moving to the Pensacola area follow the link to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles at


Driver’s License FAQs

Motor Vehicle Registration/Renewal


Drivers License Information

Tag/Registration Information


NHP on Facebook
+ A -