PRIVACY AND SECURITY NOTICE
1. Medical Matrix Online is provided as a public service by Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
2. Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public
information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information may be collected
such as IP address, the web request contents, date and time of the request, browser info and referring URL
for statistical purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary
statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest,
determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software programs
are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or
otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other attempts are
made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other
purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records
6. Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember your online
interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your experience. The Department of
Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet
outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through such technologies, without
your explicit consent, with other departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of
information obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most
commonly used WMCT is available at http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and
may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure
Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
8. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to