What are the functions of Military Medicine Clinic (Medical Readiness)?
Military Medicine promotes the health and functional well-being of our Navy and Marine Corp community in a fast, friendly and flexible manner. The main function of Military Medicine is the annual Periodic Health Assessment and Deployment Health Services (IA Medical Screenings, Deployment Health Assessments, and Mental Health Assessments).
The following services are available for all Active Duty personnel and Active Reservists enrolled at Naval Health Clinic Annapolis:
- Deployment Health Services
- Operational/Sea Duty Screenings
- Overseas Suitability Screenings (OSS)
- Physical Exams (commissioning, separations, retirements, etc.…)
All Services Are Offered By Appointment Only. Walk-ins are welcomed but only for questions, guidance, and concerns.
For all active duty, uniform of the day is required for all appointments.
Clinic hours are from 0800 -1600 on Mondays and Fridays, and 0730 – 1600 Tuesday to Thursday; with the exception of Holidays and when the office will be closed to support training (notices will be posted throughout the building and online).
Periodic Health Assessment (PHA). As of 1 July 2017, all US Navy and USMC PHAs have moved over to an electronic system.
*VERY IMPORTANT* DO NOT proceed to Step 3 if you are not stationed in the geographical area of Annapolis, MD. Contact your local Military Treatment Facility for their PHA process. To begin the PHA, perform the following steps:
Step 1. Once notified by your Unit’s Readiness Representative or deployment coordinator: Complete the PHA survey (https://data.nmcphc.med.navy.mil/PHA/index.aspx).
• Have your DoD 10-digit ID number and your 5 digit Unit Identification Code (UIC) on hand.
• Once completed, a customized education form is generated. You can save, print, or email this document for your personal use.
• Mental Health Assessment (MHA) can be completed (if due, follow Step 4 below) as part of the PHA.
Step 2. Review and/or print your Individual Medical Record (IMR) Report.
• Navy: BUPERS Online (https://www.bol.navy.mil/)
• Marine: Marine Online (https://sso.tfs.usmc.mil/sso/DoDConsent.do) o Utilize your IMR report to determine “Due” items.
o “Due” items (Dental, Optometry, or Hearing, etc…) must be scheduled/completed prior to your PHA being signed off. Labs and Immunizations, contact Medical Readiness to submit orders before showing up to the Laboratory or Immunizations clinic.
Step 3. Notify NHC Annapolis, Military Medicine Clinic (aka Medical Readiness). After steps 1 and 2 are complete, send Medical Readiness an email via email@example.com stating that your PHA survey has been submitted, “Due” items are scheduled or completed, and record is ready for review.
• *Important*: include your DOD ID and a good contact number in the email.
After you notify the clinic that your electronic PHA survey is complete, you will receive a call from the clinic in 4-7 business days (may take longer during PRT months) to schedule a PHA appointment.
Step 4. **If** you are due for a Deployment Health Assessment (i.e. MHA, PHDA, PDHRA) , complete the appropriate surveys at: (https://data.nmcphc.med.navy.mil/EDHA/)
• If you do not remember your password, click the “Forgot Your Password” link and reset your password.
• To complete assessment:
• Log in with “Login ID” (SSN) and Password.
• Select the “Create a New Deployment Health Assessment” link.
• Select “Are you returning from being deployed?” arrow.
• Select “Boots on the Ground for a least 30 days” button.
• Submit Date of Departure (+/- 30 days) from Theatre. Select “Next” arrow.
• Select “MHA, PHDA, or PDHRA ” from top row.
• Complete the assessment. Click “save” before leaving each page!
• Use the drop-down Calendar to select dates.
• Log out.
Deployment Health Services
Provide medical screenings for Individual Augmentees. Please contact your Command IA Coordinator before scheduling an appointment. More information can be found at the Navy IA website: www.ia.navy.mil
Military Medicine/Medical Readiness
Naval Health Clinic Annapolis
695 Kinkaid Road, Annapolis, MD 21402
Phone: (410) 293-1339/1736
Group E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org