Patient Admin/Medical Records
Location: US Naval Hospital, Naples,
Ground Floor Room 1318
- Mon - Fri: 08:00-16:00
- Tuesday: 08:00-12:00
- Comm: 081-811-6204
- DSN: 629-6204
Patient Administration Department
The Patient Administration Department consists of three sections: Medical Records/Coding, Birth/Death Registrations and Eligibility, and the Operational Forces Medical Liaison Services Division (OFMLS).
Medical Records/Coding is responsible for all admissions and dispositions, inpatient and outpatient medical records, coding, analyzing and verifying outpatient physician professional services rendered in the clinics and the ambulatory procedure unit, as well as inpatient professional services to include ward rounds and surgeries.
Birth/Death Registrations and Eligibility is responsible for all required paperwork from the local Italian authorities for birth registration and other Italian medical-legal matters, to include mortuary affairs in the Italian community. Additionally responsible for the appropriate eligibility and hospital registration of USNH Naples patients in diverse patient categories, as directed by higher authority.
OFMLS Division is responsible for the coordination of available command resources to meet the medical needs of fleet and deployed units along with providing administrative support and guidance for the efficient processing of fleet patients. Additionally responsible for medical evacuation, outpatient travel administration, inbound and outbound overseas suitability screenings (located on the home page), medical evaluation boards, overseas integrated disability evaluation system screenings, and the Exceptional Family Member Program.
The medical record is a chronological record of a patient’s medical history, present illness, findings on examination, and details of treatment and progress notes. Medical records are the property of U.S. Government and as such will remain in the custody of USNH Naples, Italy or its Branch Medical Clinic (BMC) Capodichino on the base the service member is assigned. Dependent’s medical records will be maintained at US Naval Hospital Naples.
Medical Records USNH Naples
DSN: 314-629-6209/6195 or Commercial: 011-39-081-6209/6195
Calling from off-base or cell phone: 081-811-6209/6195
Medical Records BMC Capo
DSN: 314-626-5472 Commercial: 011-39-568-5472
Calling from off-base or cell phone: 081-568-5472
Basic information for Medical Records:
- Process times for copy requests are 10 business days.
- Only Active Duty members are allowed to hand carry their medical record during PCS.
- Family member records will be mailed to the closest MTF.
- Active Duty member separating/retiring: Medical and dental records will remain at the MTF to be processed to the VA accordingly.
- Behavioral Health Record Releases need authorization from provider which might extend the timeline for copy request
- Medical Records are retired 2 years after a patient’s last recorded visit.
- The Privacy Act and HIPAA prohibit parents from picking up medical records of children who are over the age of 18 without written permission and an identification card.
To request a copy of Medical Record:
- In person at the medical records window on the ground floor. Hours of operation are Monday, Wed, Thurs, and Fri 08:00-16:00 and Tues 08:00 to 12:00.
- Send request via email to distribution firstname.lastname@example.org documents to include is a completed DD2870, and a photocopy of valid ID front and back with signature on one side. Provide a valid email if not able to pick up copy request at the MTF.
MANMED Chapter 16
BUMEDNOTE 6150, 20 Jun 2016