We develop and implement disease surveillance programs and technology that will provide rapid, effective laboratory services in response to emerging infectious disease, bioterrorism (BT) and other public health emergencies for the Navy and Marine Corps.
Technology utilized in the laboratory for disease surveillance, emerging infectious disease and BSAT identification include: microscopic techniques, bacterial culture techniques and molecular identification.
Laboratory Services Provided
Quality microbiology diagnostic capabilities through organism I.D. and antibiotic susceptibility. We provide the following testing capabilities for outbreak investigations and surveillance support:
- Consultative services working closely with physicians and EHOs for direct diagnostic and pathogen investigative capabilities
- Respiratory cultures and Influenza PCR
- Enteric culture and Norovirus PCR
- Parasite identification (ie. Malaria)
- Biological Select Agents and Toxins (BSAT) Detection
- Identification of Malaria (B-322-2210) – Contact NEPMU FIVE Education and Training Dept to enroll.
- Independent Corpsman (IDCs) or Advance Lab Technicians (ALTs), interested in increasing your Micro skills before deployment? Contact Us!
Combined Industrial Hygiene Lab (CIHL) WEST