All Active Duty, Drilling Reservistsand our enrolled beneficiaries
TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Plus
**Referrals are not needed to make an appointment**
To make an appointment for NHB, Bangor, or Everett call TRICARE at: 1-800-404-4506.
To make an appointment at PSNS Optometry call: 360-476-7058
Patients needing to order glasses or needing repair of military glasses do not need appointments and are welcome to walk in during clinic hours.
Clinic Hours: M-F 0730-1600
Clinic Phone: (360) 475-4198Clinic Fax: (360) 475-4333
*Routine eye exams
*PHA and physical eye exams
*Diabetic eye exams
*Refractive Surgery Screenings (Active Duty Only)
*Ordering Glasses and Gas Mask Inserts
*Contact lens prescription renewals
*School Vision Exams (age 6 or greater)
*Glaucoma Screening Exams
Location: We are just inside the front gate to the left, Building 87.
*We are not in the main hospital building.*
TRICARE Vision Benefits*
TRICARE Prime Active Duty and Dependents: One routine eye exam a year.
TRICARE Prime and Tricare Plus Retirees and dependents: One routine eye exam every 2 years
TRICARE for life: One routine eye exam every 2 years at network provider.
For full benefits explanation: TriWest Vision Benefits
*BASIC EXPLANATION Other Information:
· We provide glasses for active duty and retirees only. Outside prescriptions are accepted.
· Refractive Surgery (PRK/Lasik) is for active duty only. Ophthalmology Clinic and Refractive Surgery Center
· Specialty medically necessary contact lenses are on a case by case reviewServices we are unable to provide
· We do not do contact lens fittings for patients who have never worn contacts before.
· We do not do contact lens fitting for colored contacts.
Other Informational Links
- Contact lens/ contact lens solution compatibility: http://www.staininggrid.com/
- Glaucoma: http://www.glaucoma.org/
- Macular Degeneration: http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/maculardegen/armd_facts.asp