Location: First Floor
Telephone: (361) 961-3620
Hours: 0730 to 1600 Monday - Friday
If you feel suicidal...
Suicide hotline http://suicidehotlines.com/texas.html
Veterans Crisis Line http://www.veteranscrisisline.net
Sexual Assault Hotlines:
NAS Hotline http://www.sapr.mil/
Women's Shelter of Texas: http://thewomensshelter.org/index.php/contact
Toll Free 24-hour Hotline: 1-800-580-HURT (4878)
Domestic Violence Hotline: 361-881-8888
Sexual Assault Hotline: 361-881-8888
Did you know?
- An estimated 22% of Americans, ages 18 and older - about 1 in 5 adults, suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder.
- 4 out of 10 leading causes of disability in the United States and other developed countries.
- Major depression is the leading cause of disability in the United States.
- Nearly twice as many women (12.0%) as men (6.6%) are affected by depression.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among Americans ages 15-25 and the 9th leading cause of death overall.
- For most mental disorders, there is generally not just one but a range of effective treatments.
- Studies reveal that less than one-third of adults with a diagnosable mental disorder, and even a smaller proportion of children, receives any mental health services.