Billing Information

Information for Pay Patients

After your healthcare services are rendered at a Military Treatment Facility (MTF), you will receive a bill through the U.S. Treasury’s Centralized Receivables Service (CRS)

CRS allows the MTF to fully comply with various government regulations. CRS ensures patients are afforded due payment process. CRS can offer flexible payment options if required Neither the U. S. Naval Hospital Yokosuka nor its branch clinics can give you upfront cost estimates of the care received. All bills are determined in accordance with the Assistant Secretary of Defense billing rates. These rates are based on Adjusted Standardized Amount (ASA). The ASA’s are based on an indexing methodology to changes in Tricare institutional and professional services rates.

What do I need to do?

To receive accurate and timely correspondence, it is necessary to always have your contact information updated in DEERS. You must first be registered in the hospital system by visiting Outpatient Medical Records. Continue to make sure your contact information is updated in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). You can update your DEERS information at: or at a local Personnel Support Detachment (PSD).

Does this apply to me?

This policy applies to ALL Pay Patients. A Pay Patient includes: U.S. civilian employees, government contractor employees, and other individuals who are not eligible for Tricare and receive care in a Military Treatment Facility.

A Pay Patient does not include Tricare beneficiaries who are: active duty service members, retirees, and their Tricare-covered family members.

How does U.S. Naval Hospital Yokosuka invoice pay patients?

Following a visit to our facility, details of the encounter are coded into an electronic record. Codes are determined and billed in accordance with the Assistant Secretary of Defense billing rates. After the bill is generated it is entered into the U. S. Department of Treasury Centralized Receivables Service (CRS), for invoicing. Within 24 hours of the bill being uploaded into CRS the bill will be mailed out and available through eBilling.

Military Treatment Facilities do not maintain contractual relationships with insurance companies, so it is important that patients work directly with their insurer to cover the costs of their healthcare invoices.

What if I don’t pay my bill?

If a payment isn’t received or an installment agreement established with CRS, the debt will be forwarded to a Treasury run debt collection program called Cross-Servicing. CRS can transfer any debts that are 60 days old (CONUS) or 90 days old (OCONUS) to Cross-Servicing.

When a bill is forwarded to Cross-Servicing, one or more of the following may occur: interest, penalties, other administrative fees, negative credit reporting, wage garnishment, IRS tax intervention, referral to private collection agencies, etc.

It is highly encouraged that you contact CRS and set up a payment plan or pay your bill promptly so that you do not inadvertently default on any payments.

Checking Out

We recommend, during your check out process, to stop by our office to check that your eBilling information is correct. This will ensure that any bills that populate after your departure will be sent to the correct email address.

I need additional information to file my insurance claim?

Each bill sent out contains a pre-filled health insurance claim form. If your Health Insurance Company is requesting additional information about your hospital visit, please visit the UBO office and we can assist you with:

  • Proof of the encounter, patient eligibility, maintenance of the medical record
  • We can provide information requested from insurance companies needed to pay a claim
  • The MTF staff cannot be the patient’s advocate in discussion with CRS
eBilling is now available

In addition to the mailed physical bill, CRS can now send email notifications via the eBilling system. All information normally needed for insurance will be available online. If you would like to receive your bill electronically, please visit or contact the UBO department to set up the initial CRS eBilling profile.

How do I pay my bill?

Bills can be paid in the following ways:

  • By using the CRS provided access code, located inside the CRS bill or the eBilling notification, at
  • By calling the CRS department
  • By calling or visiting the Hospital's Uniform Business Office
Contact Information
  • U.S. Department of Treasury
  • Centralized Receivables Service (CRS)
  • Mon-Fri 0800-2000
  • U.S. Eastern Standard Time
  • Phone: 1-855-549-2684
  • Uniform Business Office (UBO)
  • 1st Floor, Next to Pharmacy
  • DSN: 315-243-7090
  • Comm: 81-46-816-7090
  • Mon 0900-1200
  • Tues-Fri 0900-1500