Inspector General (IG) Hotline
Report Fraud, Waste,
and Mismanagement to
one of the following:
USNH YOKOSUKA Representative
NAVY MEDICINE WEST Representative
Fax COM: 1-619-767-6058
MEDICAL INSPECTOR GENERAL
Fax DSN: 1-301-295-9022
Mission of the IG Hotline
The mission of the IG Hotline is to provide a method to receive and investigate allegations of significant fraud, waste, abuse and/or mismanagement. Military and civilian personnel are required to report suspected wrongdoing to their chain of command. This is the preferred mechanism because it reinforces the primacy of the chain of command and allows problems to be addressed at the lowest level. The IG Hotline provides an alternative to the chain of command when a complainant reasonably fears reprisal or believes that the chain of command has been unresponsive.
Matters Appropriate for Hotline Complaints
The following are issues which could be investigated at the command level.
- Abuse of title or position
- Conflicts of Interests
- Ethics Violations
- False Official Statements & Claims
- Gifts (improper receipt or giving)
- Improper Referral for Mental Health Evaluations
- Mismanagement/Organization Oversight (significant Cases)
- Misuse of Official Time, Government Property, Position and Public Office
- Political Activities
- Purchase Card Abuse
- Reprisal (Military Whistleblower Protection)
- Safety/Public Health (Substantial/Specific)
- Systemic Problems
- Time and Attendance (Significant Violations)
- Travel Card Abuse
- Travel Fraud (TDY and TAD)
Proper Use of the IG Hotline
Those who willfully and knowingly file false allegations are subject to prosecution and/or administrative action. Some issues should not be addressed via the IG Hotline as they may be more appropriately handled by other organizational entities (Human Resources Staff, Equal Opportunity Advisor - as applicable). Those complainants actively pursuing issues via alternative means (i.e. EEO complaints, personnel grievance, etc.) should not utilize the IG Hotline to address the same issues. Complainants should not submit simultaneous allegations to multiple IG Hotlines (Regional, Department of the Navy (DON), Department of Defense (DOD), etc.)
Anyone may file a hotline complaint. You may remain anonymous but we will not be able to contact you for more information. You may request confidentiality, and we will make every effort to prevent disclosure of your identity, but we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
How to file a local IG Hotline Complaint:
If you intend to submit in person or by email, please download and fill out our IG form.
- Verbally - Call the Hotline recording at 243-8010 and leave a message.
- In person - With the Inspector General located in the main hospital, building 1400, room 2A10.
- Electronic mail - Send an e-mail to:NavyUSNHYokosukaIGHotline@mail.mil. This method does not protect your anonymity. By using this method you acknowledge that your privacy is not guaranteed because your complaint has not been encrypted. If you are not comfortable submitting your complaint via e-mail, you may mail your complaint to us at the below address.
- Mail the Naval Hospital Yokosuka IG Hotline Form or your complaint to:
ATTN: INSPECTOR GENERAL
PSC 475 Box 1
FPO AP 96350
Resolution and status of Hotline Complaints:
Most investigations are completed within 90 days. While the investigation is ongoing, we can only tell you whether the case is open. Once the investigation is closed, if the complainant has identified themselves they will receive a letter informing them whether the allegations were substantiated or unsubstantiated.