Welcome to the U.S. NAVY Police Command Post located at the
NAVY MEDICAL CENTER PORTSMOUTH.
BLDG 107 (757) 953-7177
The mission of the Security Department is to maintain a safe environment for command personnel and allow the command to perform its assigned missions. The following encompasses some scopes of tasking assigned to the Security Department:
- Protecting the lives of the men, women and children who live on, work on, or visit the base.
- Protecting the property of the U.S. Government and that of the men, women and children who live, work, and visit the base.
- Enforcing the DOD laws and regulations, Command Policies as well as applicable civil laws within the confines of the base.
- Establishing and providing for the maintenance of records relating to losses of government and personal property, violations and breaches of physical security measures and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining liaison and working relationships and agreements with the local Naval Criminal Investigative Service Office (NCIS) and state and local law enforcement authorities.