- Advise on reusable content methodology, learning strategy, instructional management and distributed learning solutions.
- Evaluate and adopt net-centric, standards based enterprise wide applications and tools.
- Research, develop, and oversee instructional strategy, technology, and deployment conventions.
- Guide instructional and performance systems design and management consistent with Navy Integrated Learning Environment (ILE) directives and best practices.
- Participate in demand-signal assessment.
- Provide guidance to ensure content designed is developed within the Navy ILE in accordance with the rules and guidelines set forth by the Navy Reusable Object Model (NROM) and adhering to Sharable Content Object Model (SCORM).
- Participate and contribute to cross-service learning and performance development and management initiatives. Identify opportunites for cross service consolidation and integration.
- Serve as Navy Medicine representative on the Navy ILE Team.
- Provide program management for Navy Medicine's modeling and simulation programs. Scan the industry and match the available resources to the requirements.
- Guide simulation use in Navy Medicine consistent with DoD, Navy, and Navy Medicine directives and best practices. Act as a central resource on military and civilian standards for simulation training. Collaborate across the BSO-18 for standardized execution.
- Serve as Chair of Navy Medicine Central Simulation Committee.
- Serve as Chair of Navy Medicine representative to the Federal Medical Simulation and Training Consortium.
- Ensure simulation technology information management remains compliant with applicable verification, validation and accreditation (VV&A).