Please make sure to allow sufficient time to find housing. I strongly encourage you to have your arrangements made and leases signed before arriving. If you can’t do that, allow some extra days to locate housing once you arrive. Remember that you are entitled to 5 working days of no-cost TAD for house hunting. You may take this once you arrive in Pensacola if you have not used this entitlement prior to detaching from your previous command. If you would like to use your house hunting TAD at this end, you will report in to the schoolhouse first and then we’ll send you on your TAD time. The goal is to have all your personal and family housing needs settled before we start classes. The BOQ has generally NOT been able to host our students so don’t count on the BOQ.
Some links that may help in your transition to Pensacola:
- Pensacola Chamber of Commerce - has information regarding the Pensacola area.
- NASP Housing - Housing information provided by NAS Pensacola.
- Military Housing Referral - Provides rental and sale opportunities of property owned by current and former military members.
- Military Homefront - The DoD SITES website which contains great information about planning and executing your move, as well as information about the installation you’re reporting to. Once you get into the system, under "Select Installation", locate "NAS Pensacola Region Gulf Coast".
- Pensacola MLS - Provides excellent information on current property for sale.
- Public Schools - For those relocating with school age children, this site provides Florida public school rankings.
- Private Schools - Escambia and Santa Rosa county private school listings for school age children.
- Cityguide - Local area information with entertainment and community information.