Dept 35 NAMI Academics
Specific functions of the Naval Aerospace Medicine Institute Academics Department include:
- Conducting Medical Service Corps training courses leading to the designation of:
- Conducting Medical Corps training courses leading to the designation of Flight Surgeon (NOBC 0110).
- Conducting the Flight Surgery training course for international students.
- Conducting Aviation Medicine Clinical Clerkships for Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship medical students and medical officers.
- Conducting enlisted aviation operational medicine “C” schools leading to the award of the Naval Enlisted Codes (NEC) of Aerospace Medical Technician (NEC 8406), Aerospace Physiology Technician (NEC 8409), and Flight Medic (NEC 8401).
- Conducting various postgraduate training courses and aviation clinical training as deemed necessary by higher authority.