Navy Medicine Professional Development Center Courses
Guidance for Navy Reserve Medicine Personnel
Operational Training or Specialty Courses: Nomination, Selection, and Notification Process
Nomination Until superseded, BUMED M10 Reserve Policy and Integration’s Training and Education Department manages quota control in support of Navy Reserve Medicine personnel assigned to Budget Submitting Office (BSO-18).
· Nominations must be submitted 30 days before the specified nomination due date. Nominations received after the deadline will not be considered.
· Submit application/nomination forms for Navy Medicine Professional Development Center (NMPDC) courses by completing the Annual Training/Active Duty for Training (AT/ADT) form found on the Naval Medical Forces Atlantic Share Point Portal at: https://esportal.med.navy.mil/sites/NME/M1/OSO/tt/default.aspx or call 757-953-5050 for the latest URL.
· Endorsement by the Detachment Officer-in-Charge (DET OIC) or member’s Commanding Officer (CO) of their gaining command in the form of an email are acceptable, and should be uploaded with nomination form. Command Training Officer Endorsement will be reviewed in the Naval Medical Forces Atlantic Share Point Portal.
· Applicants must, at a minimum, meet physical readiness requirements per OPNAVINST 6110.1J. Pregnant/lactating mothers will not be accepted for field training courses.
· Active Duty for Training-Continuing Medical Education (ADT-CME) is discretionary funding primarily used, however, members may use Annual Training (AT) or another source of funding to attend training. ADT-CME is discretionary funding, and is executed based on operational tempo and availability.
· Justifications are required statements annotating how the course will be an asset to the member, command and Navy Medicine.
· The justification assists Program Managers and Reserve Affairs Officers determine selections.
· Include present and/or future positions and how nominee will utilize the requested training.
· Stating that the “course is needed for promotion” is not acceptable.
· This is not to be a listing of the nominee’s accomplishments.
· Members will receive notification of selection in the form of an email using the email address submitted on the nomination form. Contact your Command Training Officer after selected to ensure your name is added to a NROWS Requirement to begin order routing.
· Navy Medicine Professional Development Center (NMPDC) and BUMED M10 Training and Education Department must be notified of student cancellation no later than two weeks prior to the convening date for the course. M10 Training and Education Department will notify the Commanding Training Officer, and/or Commanding Officer of selected students who fail to show for scheduled training.
· Reservists must make arrangements for their own lodging. The Navy Lodge is located on the compound, and is in walking distance to the course location.
A Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA) must be obtained prior to reporting for class if lodging location is not at the Navy Lodge, Navy Gateway Inns and Suites, or base housing.
Contact your Command Training Office first, and please carbon copy BUMED M10 Training and Education at the email address below for any questions, or needs. DO NOT CONTACT THE NMPDC POC DIRECTLY. You will be redirected to BUMED M10 Training and Education by the NMDPC POC. Begin, and end with your respective Command Training Officer. Thank you for your cooperation.
M10 Training and Education