Basic Medical Department Officer Course
The Basic Medical Department Officer Course (BMDOC) is a three unit (all units must be completed) course in the Medical Department Officer's Learning Continuum. The course is designed to introduce medical department officers to the organization, structure, business practices and operational policies of the Naval Medical Department.
Open to everyone (intended for 01-03 Officers)
Course data: Length: 12 hours
Available online directly through this link:
then follow the Navy E-Learning access steps below:
- Navigate to Navy E-Learning > Online Courses [https://learning.nel.navy.mil]
- Select tab "Course Catalog"
- Under Learning Category
- Select "USN Department of the Navy (DON) Training"
- Scroll down to select "Navy Medical Education and Training" in right column
- Select "Basic Medical Department Officers Curriculum (BMDOC)"
- Scroll down to see Active learning modules
- Select ENROLL for each unit and add to Learning Plan
- Return to tab My Learning and LAUNCH course
The Basic Medical Department Officer Course is approved for 7 of the 40 executive skill competencies.
Answers to FAQs:
BMDOC auto-populates into your Training Jacket that feeds FLTMPS and NSIPS.
BMDOC is not a 'Service School' so it will only reflect in the training jacket.
- For additional information visit the Joint Medical Executive Skills Program
Steps involved in logging in to Navy E-Learning and accessing the course can be found in this tutorial You will need the free Macromedia Flash player to view this tutorial.