Operational / Management Specialty Courses Nomination, Selection, and Notification Process
- Unless otherwise noted on this site, BUMED Code M10-6 manages quota control for courses for the Naval Reserve personnel assigned to medical unit
- Nominations must be submitted 30 days before the specified due date. Nominations received after deadline submission date will not be considered.
- Endorsement of nomination by DET OIC/Unit CO and HQT Training Officer must be received with nomination to be considered.
- Applicants MUST, at a minimum, meet physical readiness requirements per OPNAVINST 6110.1 (series) to attend field training courses. Pregnant/lactating mothers will not be accepted for field training courses.
- Contact Command Training Officers directly to submit application/nomination to NMPDC courses.
- SELRES Request for Training Form.docx
- The justification assists Program Managers and Reserve RAOs in selection list and alternate list development.
- Include present and/or future positions and how nominee will utilize requested training.
- Stating that the “course is needed for promotion” is not an acceptable justification.
- This is not to be a listing of the nominee’s accomplishments.
- It is rather a statement of how the training will be an asset to the nominee and to the command
- Members will receive verification of nomination submission via the Web.
- NML&PDC Reserve Liaison must be notified of student cancellation not later than two weeks prior to the convening date for the course. NML&PDC Reserve Liaison notifies the Commanding Office and Training Officer of selected students who fail to show for scheduled training.
- Reservists will need to make arrangements for their own lodging. The Navy Lodge is located on the NNMC compound and is a 15-minute walk to the course locations. Reservations can be made at (301) 654-1795. If members cannot obtain berthing at this location, please contact the Reserve Liaison for alternate location.
- A Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA) must be obtained from the Navy Lodge prior to reporting for class if lodging location is not at the Navy Lodge.
For Selected Reserve Personnel ONLY:
Forward Training Application to your Command Training Officer and CC: email@example.com