Student and Welcome Aboard Information [ Welcome to Naval Medical Leader & Professional Development Command (NML&PDC) ]
Please contact NML&PDC Student Administration Department if funding documents or student information has not arrived at least 14 days before the course start date. If website access is not available at your command, please send e-mail message/request for the information below to: email@example.com
- Travel Arrangements - Arrangements from parent commands are the responsibility of the individual student, contact your command TAD clerk before making travel arrangements. NML&PDC does not fund rental cars. Students staying at contracted quarters who have class at NMPDC will travel by Metrorail to and from Medical Center for access to training site onboard WRNMMC Bethesda.
- Airport Van Shuttle Service - Available to most hotels in the DC area from National, Dulles and BWI airports for approximately $20-$30. Advanced reservations may be required. Taxi service could exceed $50 and is therefore not recommended. Some common carriers: Super Shuttle 1-800-258-3826, Metro Airport Shuttle 1-877-296-3876, and Montgomery Shuttle 1-800-590-0000.
- Parking - Aboard the Walter Reed National Military Center compound parking is limited, temporary permits are not issued. Parking at the contracted quarters is provided without charge.
- Upon Arrival - You are not required to report in person or contact NML&PDC upon arrival. Information on specific courses are located on this site and will indicate the location of the course and start time of the sessions.
- Bring Original Orders - Required on the first day of class. They will be endorsed and returned to you on the last day of class. No classes are held on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday, 0730-1630.
- Authorized Uniform - Khakis are the authorized uniform. For your comfort, a sweater or jacket is recommended in the classroom.
- Attendance - Required for all sessions to obtain satisfactory course completion. You should be free of all professional and social responsibilities during the course. If unable to attend, NML&PDC Student Administration Office should be contacted as soon as possible to allow the seat to be filled. Please contact the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org