How To Order From a Remote Location
** Do not send a copy of your military ID card or put your full SSN on any of the forms as it is a HIPAA violation and could put you at risk for identity theft **
If you are in a designated remote location (more than 50 miles) from an ordering site you may be able to take advantage of these remote ordering procedures. To confirm you are in a remote location, visit the Tricare Prime website at http://www.tricare.mil/mtf and enter your zip code in the zip code "Search for Eligibility" section.
For information on eligibility and to set up an eye exam please visit the Tricare website located here: http://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Vision/EyeExams.aspx.
If you do not have a military ordering site location near you, then follow the directions below to order your eyewear.
If you are more than 50 miles from a military health clinic with optometry services, you may follow these instructions to order your glasses.
- Visit the Spectacles or Frames and Lenses section of our website. There you will see a detailed description of the frames and lenses that are available for ordering along with pictures and links to the DD-771 forms to order your eyewear.
- Please fill out the highlighted area of the DD-771 form. Make sure to save the form with the information you added. (If you do not know your pupillary distance (PD), Lens, and/or your prescription, please disregard those sections and have the examining facility fill in the rest)
- Print the form, and take this with you to your eye exam. Ensure that the examining facility writes the prescription, and includes your pupillary distance (PD) on the form.
- If your examining facility needs eyesize, bridge or temple length information, they may find this on our web site.
- If you require bifocals, please include the bifocal height as part of the prescription, if left blank we will fill the order using a measurement of 3 mm's below the midline portion of the frame.
- If you currently have standard issue frames please provide the frame size and temple length (found inside the frame).
- There must be a DD-771 form filled out for each pair of eyewear requested. Make sure you write “REMOTE DUTY or RECRUITING DUTY” on the form.
- Send the following information to NOSTRA:
- One copy of the completed DD771 form
- Your mailing address, daytime phone number and email address if available
- Requests are subject to DEERS eligibility check
You may submit your order for eyewear by email, fax or standard mail.
- Email your order to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax your order to: 757-887-4647.
Please call NOSTRA Customer Service at 757-887-7600 Option 1 right after you send your fax to insure we received it
and that all the information is included to fabricate your orders.
- Standard Mail to:
160 Main Road, Bldg 1794
Yorktown, VA 23691-9984
You may email us at: email@example.com
You may also call NOSTRA Customer Service Department if you have any problems or questions.
Our Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday from 0630 to 1530, Eastern Time.
"Printer Friendly" version of this information