NHC Patuxent River's HP Mission is to provide health screenings and education through health promotion using evidence-based practices.
Performing our Mission does not stop at our front door. It extends into the community with a variety of outreach services. These services are designed to promote health and wellness by assessing risk, increasing awareness of risk, and providing information in support of a healthier lifestyle.
We will come to you! Members of the HP Committee will come to your squadron, safety standdown, command picnic, training day, etc. We can provide information on a range of topics:
- Drug Abuse Prevention and Control
- Alcohol Abuse Prevention and Control
- Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation
- Overweight Prevention, and Nutrition Education (with body composition machine readings)
- ShipShape Curriculum
- Injury and Illness Prevention
- Sexual Health and Responsibility
- Cancer Prevention - (with skin analyzer machine readings)
- Suicide Prevention and Stress/Anger Management
Heart Health (with blood pressure readings)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
Staff will arrive with health education models, handouts, story boards and screening tools. If you would like to schedule us to come to you, or if you have a health topic not listed that you are interested in getting more information about, please call 301-757-9469.