TRICARE Services

Moving to Pax River?

Each TRICARE region is different so you MUST fill out an enrollment form each time you transfer between duty stations.  Enrollment in TRICARE Prime is not automatic for active duty or their family members- the sponsor must self-enroll and also enroll each family member. You can also enroll at the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) website or call the toll-free call center at 1-877-TRICARE (1-877-874-2273).

REMEMBER! When your address or other personal information changes, be sure to update your DEERS information!

For information about TRICARE enrollment, benefits, and filing claims, you can also call our Health Benefits Advisor (HBA) at 301-342-4061 or call the TRICARE toll-free number at 1-877-TRICARE.


Websites to Assist You

Specific TRICARE medical benefit coverage information is available at the national TRICARE web site. Click here to review the different TRICARE programs, or go to the "My TRICARE Benefit" link to look at information based on your personal profile.

Health Net Federal Services, Inc. is the contractor that provides the TRICARE health benefit in the North Region of the U.S. The HNFS website has a lot of useful information about enrollment, claims, locating a specialty provider, health care updates, etc.

TRICARE Claims can now be checked online using the website.

For TRICARE claims, go to Here are a few things you can do once you become registered:

  • Review the status of an existing TRICARE claim (s) already processed, or currently being processed,
  • View and print a copy of your TRICARE Explanation of Benefits (TEOB) for claims recently processed.
  • Send a secure electronic message to request assistance with your TRICARE claims.
  • Gain information you need to better understand TRICARE claims and other military health benefits.