The Pharmacy is located in the Navy Exchange.
Our Pharmacists, technicians, and corpsmen are skilled professionals whose focus is providing you with safe, quality medication. Please contact a pharmacist or your provider if you are unsure about how and when to take your medications.
We offer medication counseling with each new prescription. We are available to answer questions and concerns you may have about your medications anytime during business hours.
You can now request a prescription activation with your mobile phone!
To learn more CLICK HERE
Prescription labal changes have been made to protect your identity. The last four numbers of the sponsor's SSN will no longer be printed on patient education pamphlets, packaging materials, and your medication labels.
However, to verify your identity when picking up prescriptions you will be asked for a combination of either DoD ID or las 4 of sponsor's SSN, patient date of birth, and full patient name.
The Refill request line (1-800-377-1723) and website still require the use of the last four numbers of the sponsor's SSN to request prescription refills.
Prescription Pick Up & Drop Off
For prescription pick up we are open Monday through Friday: 0800 to 1700 (Wednesdays 0930 - 1700).
For prescription drop off we have two (2) options available:
► We have a drop box available near window 5. It is available whenever the NEX is open. When using this service, your scripts will be available after 24 hours.
- ► You may take a ticket and wait to be called to drop off your prescription at the window. Scripts dropped off after 1630 will be available for pick up after the next business day.
Pharmacy Services & Ways to Refill Scripts
The Pharmacy requires refills to be requested in advance. Your refills will be processed at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) and delivered to Patuxent River for dispensing, so this requires processing and delivery time after the request is made. Call the toll free number: 1-800-377-1723 (located at the top of your prescription label) or request your refill online. If you are unable to request your prescription in advance by internet or phone, we will make the request for you at the pharmacy window and ask you to return in 5-6 business days to pick up your refill.
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center does not count weekends or holidays as business days.
We will gladly accept your prescription refills request(s) for WRNMMC to process. We cannot offer same-day refills except in emergencies.
- ► Refills called in before 3 P.M. will be ready in five business days. Walter Reed National Military Medical Center does not count weekends or holidays as business days.
- ► Refills called in after 3 P.M. will be ready in six business days from the following day. Example: A refill requested at 0930 Monday, ready after 0930 the following Monday. A refill requested after 1500 Monday, ready on the second following Tuesday.
- ► Refills are kept on the shelf for 14 days only. Please come in to pick up within that time frame, or, in case of emergency, call us if you are unable to come in before 14 days elapse so that we can note on the bag when you will be picking up.
- ► You may be eligible for a 3 month supply on most non-controlled prescriptions - ask your Pharmacist for details.
- ► Refills can normally be picked up without a ticket by waiting in line at Window #4 or #5.
Expediting Your Pharmacy Visit
Here are a few tips for getting faster service at our Pharmacy:
- ► Please have your military / family member ID card out.
- ► You will be asked for Other Health Insurance (OHI) information.
- ► Please inform the Pharmacy staff if the patient has any allergies and the weight of all children receiving medications.
- ► If you are picking up medications for another patient (except dependent children under 18) you will need to provide authorization from the patient and present the patient's military ID. Ask Pharmacy Staff for information and authorization forms.
Point of Service Patient Care
Please pick a number from the kiosk located between Window #4 and #5 from the following categories:
- ► A - Active Duty ONLY (wearing your uniform) or Post-Operative/Surgery Patients who wish to wait for their prescription.
- ► W- Patients who wish to turn in a paper prescription, activate an ePrescription, or clinic enter prescription and wait for it (includes Active Duty no in uniform, Dependents, Retirees).
- ► D- Dropping off a prescription to return at least two hours later.
A new feature is the ability to receive a text message on your phone when your prescriptions are ready for pickup! When you select your ticket from the kiosk, you will be given the option to enter your phone number and select the appropriate carrier (Sprint, Verizon, etc.). When your number is called, please tell the Pharmacy Technician at the window that you would like to receive a text once your medication has been filled.
Renewals entered by a provider are new prescriptions, and will be processed when the patient reports to the pharmacy. Please select an "A" or "W" ticket for renewed prescriptions.
What to Bring With You
Your military ID card.
Thank you for choosing Naval Health Clinic Patuxent River Pharmacy for your prescription needs.