Welcome to NSTI
Assist the joint warfighter in winning the fight by providing safe,
effective, and relevant human performance and survival training
for all DoD personnel.
Mission is to assist the warfighter in winning the fight, prevent
losses due to mishaps and hostilities, & ensure survival of all
mishaps and hostilities.
- NSTI HQ: DSN 459-2424
- COMM: (850) 452-XXXX
- FAX: DSN 459-5968 or (850) 452-5968
- OIC: X-3910
- ASST OIC: X-2481
- SENIOR ENLISTED ADVISOR: X-3915
- SECRETARY: X-3915
- COMMAND SUITE: X-2424
- Training: X-4705
- ASTC PENSACOLA: DSN: 922-2141
- COMM: (850) 452-2141
- FAX: DSN 459-3404 or (850) 452-3404
- ASTC NORFOLK: DSN 262-1202/1206
- COMM: (757) 322-1202/1206
- FAX: 564-9284
- ASTC JACKSONVILLE: DSN 942-2595
- COMM: (904) 542-2595
- FAX: DSN: 942-4303; (904) 542-4303
- ASTC CHERRY POINT: DSN 582-7507/7422
- COMM: (252) 466-7507/7422
- FAX: (252) 466-7638
- ASTC PATUXENT RIVER: DSN 342-0721
- COMM: (301) 342-XXXX
- FAX: 995-2730
- ASTC MIRAMAR: DSN 267-4159/4160
- COMM: (858) 577-XXXX
- FAX: DSN 267-6359>
- ASTC LEMOORE: DSN 949-3203
- COMM: (559) 998-XXXX
- FAX: DSN 949-3227
- ASTC WHIDBEY ISLAND: DSN 820-1273/2304
- COMM: (360) 257-XXXX
- FAX: 820-3733
The Naval Survival Training Institute (NSTI) is a component of the Navy Medicine Operational Training Center (NMOTC) based in Pensacola, Florida. NSTI consists of a headquarters element and eight Aviation Survival Training Centers (ASTC’s) located at Patuxent River, MD; Norfolk, VA; Cherry Point, NC; Jacksonville, FL; Pensacola, FL; Miramar, CA; Lemoore, CA; and Whidbey Island, WA.The mission of NSTI is to provide safe, effective, and relevant aviation survival and human performance training as the execution arm of the Chief of Naval Operations-mandated Naval Aviation Survival Training Program (NASTP). The focus of this training is to enhance the operational readiness of the joint warfighter, to include designated aviators and aircrew (joint and allied), student aviators and aircrew (joint and allied), contract pilots, selected passengers, project specialists, VIP’s, and USMC non-aircrew. Naval aviation survival training emphasizes mishap and accident prevention, enhancing and sustaining performance, and mishap survival. NSTI strives to provide the most up-to-date, operationally relevant training possible. By CNO direction, the Naval Aviation Survival Training Program (NASTP) Model Manager (NASTP-MM) conducts annual Site Safety and Standardization Inspections, Training Quality Assessments, and Quality Assurance & Revalidation (QA&R) Inspections of all eight ASTC's to ensure safety and standardization of operations. The NASTP-MM provides a central point of expertise for all NASTP issues.
- To deliver physiology and water survival
training in support of the Fleet and Fleet Marine Force.
- To maintain Fleet readiness for war.
- To advance Naval Aviation survival through education and training.