An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


​All HPSP, FAP, NADDS, and NCP scholarship participants are required to have Armed Forces Common Access Card (CAC) in their possession. 

As a member of the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) you are permitted unlimited use of all military (Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard) commissaries, exchanges, and recreational facilities Your ID card is your key to using these facilities. There are many exchanges and commissaries scattered around the country which provide significant savings. From the below links, you can find those closest to you.



I. New ID Card Request 

1. To obtain an ID Card, you will need a copy of your Oath of Office (or Form 4 if you are an NCP participant) and 2 picture IDs (i.e. driver’s license, passport, etc.). If you do not have a copy of your Oath of Office (or Form 4), please contact the Accessions Department to have one sent to you. To obtain an ID card for your spouse and dependents, you will need a copy of your marriage and birth certificates, as well as 2 photo IDs. Children under the age of 10 do not require an ID.
2. To find the nearest ID card issuing facility, visit the military's RAPIDS Site Locator website: If unable to find a facility near you using this site, please contact USN.OHSTUDENT@HEALTH.MIL. Once you know where to get your ID, please call to arrange an appointment, ensure hours of operation are correct, and other requirements. Many facilities do not accept walk-ins.
3. When reporting to the ID card issuing facility to have your ID card made, please inform the clerk that you are a “Navy HPSP/NCP/FAP student in the IRR and authorized to carry a CAC.” Despite what the clerk may say about needing a military e-mail address, you do not have to have one in order to get a CAC. Your CAC can be made without a military e-mail. Provide your school e-mail (it should end with a .edu). A yahoo, gmail, or other free public e-mail address is insufficient for a CAC.
4. If reporting for an ID card while on annual training orders, there is a specific type of orders verification you must have performed by the clerk in order to get your CAC. You must present your annual training orders AND make the statement that you are an “HPSP student reporting for Active Duty for Training (ADT).” If there is a problem changing your status in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), the clerk should contact the Navy’s DEERS Project Office directly at (901)874-2366.

II. Lost ID Card

In addition to a copy of your Oath of Office (or Form 4 if you are an NCP participant), and 2 picture IDs (i.e. driver’s license, passport, etc.), you will need a Special Request Chit signed by the Accessions Personnel Officer. Please send an e-mail to NM Accessions Department using USN.OHSTUDENT@HEALTH.MIL regarding your lost ID card. We will send you a copy of a Special Request Chit for you to fill out. Return it to us for signature. We will sign it and send it back to you. Once you have the signed Special Request Chit, you can make your appointment following the instructions above for obtaining a new ID Card. 
If you have any questions concerning your ID card(s), please contact us at USN.OHSTUDENT@HEALTH.MIL.

Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon