Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
EAT THE RAINBOW RESOURCES
1.Choose My Plate. United States Department of Agriculture. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/downloads/TenTips/DGTipsheet1ChooseMyPlate.pdf. Updated June 2011. Accessed May 2015.
2.Why is it important to eat fruit? United States Department of Agriculture. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/fruits-why.html. Accessed May 2015.
3. Eat the Rainbow. Commander, Navy Installation Command Fitness, Sports and Deployed Forces Support. http://navyfitness.org/nutrition/noffs_fueling_series/eat_the_rainbow/. Accessed May 2015.
4. Eat a Colorful Variety Everyday. Fruit and Veggies More Matters. http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/eat-a-colorful-variety-of-fruits-and-vegetables. Accessed May 2015.
5. Dietary Reference Intakes (RDIs): Recommended Dietary Allowances and Adequate Intakes, Vitamins and Elements. Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine, National Academies. http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/DRI/DRI_Tables/RDA_AI_vitamins_elements.pdf. Updated 2010. Accessed February 2015.
6. Phytochemicals: The Cancer Fighters in the Foods We Eat. American Institute for Cancer Research. http://www.aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html. Published 10 April 2013. Accessed January 2015.
7. University of California Davis, Center for Health Nutrition Research. Nutrition and Health Info-Sheet for Health Professionals. http://nutrition.ucdavis.edu/content/infosheets/fact-pro-phytochemical.pdf. Accessed January 2015.
8. Johnson EJ. The role of carotenoids in human health. Nutrition in Clinical Care. 2002; 5(2):56-65. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12134711. Accessed January 2015.
Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
7700 Arlington Blvd. Ste. 5113 Falls Church, VA 22042-5113
This is an official U.S. Navy website
This is a Department of Defense (DoD) Internet computer system.
General Navy Medical Inquiries (to Bureau of Medicine and Surgery): firstname.lastname@example.org