An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

All HPSP, FAP, NADDS and NCP students are required to have a medical and dental record on file in the Accessions Department, Medical Section. 

These records are kept in a secure area in compliance with HIPAA and Privacy Act regulations. For more information on HIPAA and a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices, click on the link. At the time of graduation from the scholarship program, medical and dental records are sent to:
1. HPSP Graduates: Medical and dental records are sent directly to the Navy Recruiting District responsible for the HPSP student’s university. A student should receive these records at the time they pick up their commissioning documents and orders to active duty.
2. NCP Graduates: Medical and dental records are sent directly to Officer Development School (ODS).
3. FAP and NADDS Graduates: Medical and dental records are sent directly to the individual officer.

I. Medical And Dental Records

A student's medical and dental records are started at the time of application into the HPSP/FAP/NCP programs, and consist of a Report of Medical Exam (DD 2808) and a Report of Medical History (DD2807). The student’s HPSP/FAP/NCP application physical exam and HIV test is good for 2 years. After that, a health verification must occur in order to be medically cleared for annual training/active duty.
1. All Sophomores complete an Annual Health Screening Form and a Contact Information Sheet. This is sent to all students in the spring of the sophomore year.
2. All Graduating Seniors complete an Annual Verification Package (AVP) consisting of a Health Screening Form, Contact Information Sheet and an Academic Year Statement (AYS). These forms are sent in August of the Senior Year.

II. HIV Testing

Every HPSP/FAP/NCP student is REQUIRED to have an HIV test every two years. It is preferred that students utilize the nearest Reserve Center for HIV testing or obtain a test while at an MTF on AT. Please contact the center prior to getting your blood drawn. Please contact NM Accessions Department Medical Section for assistance if required. If unable to access a military medical facility to have an HIV test drawn, a student may have an HIV test drawn at a civilian facility. The cost of the HIV test is reimbursable and should be submitted per instructions in the Books and Equipment Reimbursement page of this website. In order to have an HIV result released and sent to NM Accessions Department, a student must sign a “Consent to Release Medical Information” form at the facility when the test is performed. Results of the HIV test should be sent via USN.OHSTUDENT@MAIL.MIL.

III. Changes in Medical Condition

Changes in medical condition must be reported immediately via e-mail using USN.OHSTUDENT@MAIL.MIL. These include:
  1. Pregnancy
  2. Serious illness/injury, hospitalization, surgery or chronic health problem(s) that cause you to miss class or which may adversely affect your ability to serve on active duty.
  3. Any new medications prescribed for daily use.

IV. Height and Weight Standards

Students are required to remain within Navy height/weight standards. If a student fails to meet these standards when reporting for an active duty assignment, the student will be placed on a weight control program. Students reporting to Officer Development School (ODS) out of weight standards will be sent home and the annual training will be cancelled for that year. Click here for the current height and weight chart.

V. Injuries and Illnesses on Annual Training

If a student sustains an injury or has an illness that requires medical care while on Annual Training, the student should seek immediate medical treatment at the training site. CONTACT NM ACCESSIONS DEPARTMENT MEDICAL SECTION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE via e-mail at USN.OHSTUDENT@MAIL.MIL or call 301-295-3772/6551. By instruction, you are NOT to be released from Annual Training until you are in a full duty status or able to return to school.

VI. Release of Medical Records

If a student requires a copy of his/her military medical records, he/she must submit a Request for Medical/Dental Records or Information (DD Form 877). The DD 877 should be filled out and signed, then scanned and e-mailed to NM Accessions Department Medical Section. A copy of the requested medical information will be sent within 2 working days.

VII. Medical Information for ODS and Clerkships

1. ODS. Medical and dental records on file at HPSP are mailed to ODS prior to the start of each class. This is done automatically. While at ODS, scholarship participants will receive required military vaccinations and lab work. Taking a copy of your most recent shot record may prevent you from getting duplicate vaccinations. The list of current vaccinations given and lab work performed can be found on the ODS web site <>.
2. Clerkships. Although orders may state that students are required to report to AT with their medical records, only proof of vaccination is needed. Students should keep a copy of their vaccination record so that it is readily available at the time of check-in.
Medical Section Contact information:
Phone: 301-295-3772/6551
Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon