In 2004, the National Naval Dental Center was disestablished, and NPDS became part of the Navy Medicine Manpower, Personnel, Training, and Education Command.
In 1999, the Naval Dental School was renamed the Naval Postgraduate Dental School (NPDS).
In 1989, the Naval Dental Clinic was renamed the National Naval Dental Center.
In 1983, the Naval Dental Clinic, Bethesda, was established, with the Naval Dental School as a component facility.
In 1975, the dental school was organized as part of the National Naval Dental Center.
In 1971, the dental school was renamed the Naval Graduate Dental School.
In 1942, the newly designated National Naval Medical Center, including the Naval Dental School, was established in Bethesda, Maryland.
In 1923, the Naval Dental School opened as the Dental Department of the United States Naval Medical School, Washington, D.C. Its twofold purpose was the postgraduate instruction of officers of the Dental Corps of the US Navy and the training of hospital corpsmen to serve as dental assistants.
Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
7700 Arlington Blvd. Ste. 5113 Falls Church, VA 22042-5113
This is an official U.S. Navy website
This is a Department of Defense (DoD) Internet computer system.
General Navy Medical Inquiries (to Bureau of Medicine and Surgery): firstname.lastname@example.org