NMCPHC is the recognized center of excellence for risk communication, providing worldwide risk communication support for over 20 years. We are uniquely staffed by risk communicators with backgrounds in chemistry, biology, industrial hygiene, public health and engineering who work side-by-side with other health professionals. Our site- and topic-specific experience ensures that timely, cost-effective risk communication support services are provided to our Navy/Marine Corps environmental, health and safety customers around the globe. On request, assist health professionals with queries from patients regarding exposures to chemicals.
- Risk communication training tailored to specific Navy/Marine Corps projects and project teams;
- Two-day Public Health Emergency Risk Communication Workshop, one-day media workshop, and executive briefings for BUMED activities.
- Stakeholder identification, including stakeholder surveys, interviews and engagement strategies;
- Development of anticipated questions and top-level key messages/supporting facts;
- Development/review of project fact sheets, press releases, correspondence, posters and websites;
- Preparation for high visibility public meetings (including planning and executing mock public meetings);
- Identification and evaluation of appropriate communication channels;
- Risk Communication and/or Community Involvement Plans;
- Overall fast-track planning for execution and evaluation of selected risk communication strategies for mission-essential projects.
Risk Communications Primer
Posters of Common Chemicals at Navy/Marine Corps Installation Restoration Sites
Posters of Common Installation Restoration Concepts