Sexually Transmitted Infections
Reported Sexually Transmitted Infections in the Department of Navy: Annual Report 2017(.pdf) (.mil only)The report examines 2017 data trends for reportable STIs, as well as overall trends in the frequency of reported cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis among active duty service members in the DON.
Projects Completed or In Progress
Below is a sample list of the projects completed or currently in progress at the EpiData Center that are related to sexually transmitted infections. Most of the work focuses on the DON active duty and beneficiary populations, but some projects were in collaboration with other military services or supported by GEIS-AFHSC. If you would like more information on any of the topics below, or are interested in a new project, please email us using the Contact Us email on the left.
- Comparative Analysis of Encounter-Based Gonorrhea Surveillance by Current and Proposed Case Definitions in the United States Navy and Marine Corps
- Chlamydia screening trends of females in DON
- Burden of Sexually Transmitted Infections in the DON/DOD
- Department of Navy 2011 Adherence to Sexually Transmitted Infections Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Recurrent Sexually Transmitted Infections in Active Duty Service Members
- Sexually Transmitted Infection in DON/DOD active duty males
- Laboratory case identification algorithms: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilism, Trichomonas vaginalis